Extensive community consultation on the Quay West proposals has been carried out with residents, stakeholders and businesses in Hull since the plans were announced almost two years ago, in February 2005.
To ensure that people were kept informed and were provided with every opportunity to contribute their views on the proposals prior to the submission of the planning application in September 2005, a detailed programme of consultation was undertaken, which involved:
- A three-day public exhibition at Princes Quay Shopping Centre in February 2005 and a week-long exhibition, as part of Kingston-upon-Hull City Council's Regeneration Exposition, in September 2005
- A series of newsletters, distributed to people in Hull through the Hull Daily Mail and at Princes Quay Shopping Centre (these can be downloaded as PDFs by clicking on the Newsletter page of this website)
- A community information line for enquiries and feedback (still up and running on 08456 121 109)
- A questionnaire, which was available for people to fill in on the Quay West website, and at Princes Quay Shopping Centre prior to submission of the planning application in September 2005
- A focus group
- The Quay West website
- Keeping people informed through the local media
- Meetings with a wide variety of stakeholders, including statutory consultees, key interest groups, local businesses and local residents
The public consultation process found that an overwhelming 91% of people who took part in the consultation programme were in favour of the area being redeveloped.
To ensure comprehensive consultation is undertaken on a development scheme of this scale, Henderson Global Investors and Invista Real Estate Investment Management continue to maintain dialogue with stakeholders and the community in Hull.